Thursday, January 15, 2009

inspiration pt. 1






So yea, as you can tell, my inspiration and ideas are all over the place.
Mary Kate Olsen is my personal fashion icon. She's always two steps ahead of trends, kind of a trendsetter. Mary Kate loves fashion, yet does her own thing, kind of similar on how I do things. Plus, she has great hair. Man, i miss my hippie/wavy hair.
Paris Hilton has her moments with me. Sometimes I think she looks really great, and others she looks rather trashy. I absolutely love that picture of her!! She is definitely rockin' a fashionable urban nomad style. I'm pretty sure one of my garments I design will be similar to what Paris is wearing.
Betsey Johnson. The second picture, if you didn't know, is a Betsey Johnson dress. Gosh! I'm pretty much obsessed with her dresses! I actually bought 2 within 5 months of each other. haha. Anyway, I love the modern 80's prom look of the dress pictured. I REALLY want a dress like this, but where the heck would i wear it to? bummer. The lace really makes that dress.
The piece of art. I love all things artsy. Though sometimes I really hate abstract art (I get the whole "I could totally do that!! and that guy is making so much money off this stuff!!" feeling,) I actually really like it. I like that abstract paintings and artwork really make you use your brain. I always want to figure out what it is... like solve the puzzle. Abstract art seems more creative than still life art to me.
Recycled outfits. How awesome is that?! I definitely want to recycle old objects for my line. It's so interesting how you can turn old receipts, shirts, burlap sacks, puzzle pieces, and scrap material into something new.
Buttons. I just love buttons... as well as keys. Not sure why, but one or both of those will be present on my garments. I believe I may be slightly obsessed with buttons. I always want to make a crazy button necklace or sew some on to random things in my closet. haha :)

I'm more than sure that my line of clothes are going to be more on the urban nomad/ homeless chic side of things. I wonder if my partner, Britney, will mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment