Saturday, January 17, 2009

fabric/material ideas pt. 1






1.) The first pic is made from cotton spandex. (from American Apparel)
2.) Lamé (80% Nylon / 20% Elastane.) (from American Apparel)
3.) Tweed.
4.) Tulle.

So far, in my head, those are a few fabrics I'm wanting to work with. I really love tweed and tulle. I have a really great tweed mini skirt I bought from Hollister Co. a few years back, that I can't seem to throw away. I probably enjoy the way tweed looks more than how much I love houndstooth. Tulle is another great material. It reminds me of when I was a little ballerina and also of my prom dress. And who doesn't love spandex? haha. Those two pictures above somewhat grasp what I'm going for. What I'm really looking to use for one of my garments is not cotton spandex, but more like swimsuit spandex.

I'm almost positive I have one complete garment in my head. Now I have to think of about 6 more. My goal is to construct 3 garments for the runway show, but I'd love to make 4 of my sketches.
I found a few models for my line the other day :) One task down, a million to go.

Britney and I are planning on getting together tomorrow and Monday to finish gathering ideas/inspiration and then start using Adobe Illustrator to sketch our designs.

3 months until the big day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment